Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2019

Moving Forward MKAL: Clues 6&7

So I'd hoped to bring you this post last week. Clue 7 arrived on Monday when I had a couple of rows of Clue 6 left to do and it turned out that Clue 7 was just the bind off so I was hoping to have it done in a flash.  Of course that was when I caught a godawful pestilence that has been doing the rounds here and pretty much didn't knit a stitch for several days.  Has anyone else had a horrible cold?  I wouldn't say it was quite as bad as flu but it was getting there and even now I'm recovering I feel all weak and pathetic and just.....wrong I guess.  Luckily I was expecting it as so many people around me were ill and I knew it was going to be bad so I wasn't surprised by how awful I felt, but still, ugh.
Anyway I've recovered enough to finish the last 2 clues and get this shawl off the needles.  Clue 6 featured a series of increases which help to form the points as well as 2 row stripes.  I completely failed to notice until it was far too late that the penultimate stripe was supposed to be in colour B instead of colour D.  A bit of a whoops there but I decided that it really wasn't going to bother me enough to warrant unknitting a row and and a half so it stays.
Clue 7 was just the bind off and we were given the choice of doing a picot bind off or substituting a stretchy bind off of our choice.  Now had I been knitting along as soon as the clue released I would have gone for the picot bind off.  I don't particularly enjoy working them and I find that they can look a little fussy for me at times, but I like the way they look on some shawls and I'd have given it a go on this one.  As I'd fallen behind however I was able to check out some of the finished shawls and decided that in this case I did prefer the simpler edge so that's what I did.
All that remains now is to get this thing blocked and get some nice photographs so that I can show off the finished object in all it's glory.

No comments: