Pages

Friday 1 February 2019

Something Pretty!

I hope everyone is keeping warm wherever you are.  We were forecast snow during the night, along with a lot of the UK, and although I know i did snow a bit it turned to rain and we woke up to a very drab grey day with persistent rain.  It is however very cold and going outside is just the worst.  So to brighten up an otherwise drab day I thought I would share some very pretty yarn that I received a couple of weeks ago.

Shortly after new year I received the very exciting news that I was one of the lucky prize winners from the 2018 Boo Knits Challenge.  I was pretty shocked because I actually won a prize last year so I did not expect another one at all.  There were prizes for the 3 knitters who completed the most items in the year, I did not win one of those prizes seeing there were people who knit more than 30!  Then there were 11 prizes to be drawn from all of the other knitters who completed the challenge.  We knew what each of the 11 prizes were but at that point didn’t know who had won what.  A few days after I was contacted by Sabine from Lichtfaden asking me which of 3 beautiful skeins of her Meridian Lace I would like to choose.  Honestly I couldn’t believe my luck!  I’ve used Meridian Lace once before to knit my Just Be You and it is just lovely.  It’s a total splurge though so I was very grateful to be getting my hands on some more.
Just Be You
I was able to choose between a beautiful one of a kind red skein, a skein of Mother of Pearl and one of Peacock Feathers.  They were all tempting but I knitted a red silk shawl last year and I haven’t really worn it so I’m not sure another would fit in to my wardrobe.  The Mother of Pearl was very hard to resist but very special and not really for everyday wear so I went for the Peacock Feathers which is also beautiful but somehow more wearable in my own wardrobe.  Once it arrived I knew I’d made the right choice, just look at it!

It had been delivered to the local Royal Mail office so I picked it up on the way to work and opened it there.  At least two of my colleagues remarked how it looked just like a peacock before they even saw the shade name on the label.  Another colleague has made me promise that she can have it if I die before knitting it up!  So now I just need to pick a pattern and choose the right beads for it because I really want to knit with this as soon as possible and then maybe it can help me on my way to completing this year’s Boo Challenge.

No comments: