Pages

Friday 8 February 2019

FO: Moving Forward MKAL

Well here it is, all blocked and ends woven in (oh the ends…soooo many ends!)

I will say that this is not entirely my cup of tea now that it is done, but that is the risk that you take with mystery knitting and I’m completely fine with that.  The process was fun and I enjoyed seeing this come together and I can always find someone up whose alley this will be so it’s all good.  

I feel that this project did carry a slightly higher element of risk given that it involved choosing a number of colours without knowing how they would be combined and I can certainly say that I would have chosen completely different colours had I seen the pattern first.  Despite really liking the colour combo that I picked, somehow the end result is not me at all.  I would have preferred it if I’d chosen all shades of one colour with the difference in shades being very slight for a much more subtle effect.  Of course now I know that there is absolutely nothing stopping me knitting another and choosing the exact colour scheme that I want and I may very well do that at some point. 

So, there’s not really much to say about this further to what I’ve already said about each clue as I knitted them.  This is my finished Moving Forward, it is lovely and soft and I really like the different textures of it, I’m just not entirely satisfied with my colour palette and so off into the present box it goes until I match it up with the person it’s meant to be with.

No comments: