I've got no FOs to share at the moment, so I thought I'd have a quick look at what I'm working on. Let's go!
Knitting & Crochet Blog Week VI
With only a couple of weeks to go I am in full planning mode. Last year I took a bit of a fly by the seat of my pants approach and ended up not actually finishing the whole week. To be fair to myself I had a 5 month old baby and a 2 year old so I may have been being a little optimistic about the time I could put in. This year, however, I have a bit more time to myself as the girls keep each other entertained a lot of the time and I'm back at work which gives me ample thinking time when we're not too busy. I even have a notebook. With post its in it. I mean business!
Drops 136-1 A.K.A Nathalie
This cardigan is a bit of a behemoth, but I am nearly at the point where I split the whole thing and work on the upper back and fronts separately. Working in smaller chunks will make it seem a bit more manageable and make it seem like it's going quicker, but doing the bottom part seamlessly means that there will be much less sewing up that if this had been done in pieces from the beginning. Win, win, I feel. At the moment this looks massive, but I've rechecked my gauge as I've been knitting so I'm trusting that it will be fine. Once I've got less stitches crammed on my needles I'll wrap the while thing round me, see what I've got and reassess the situation.
I picked up this pattern recently in order to make Cassie a summer shirt and if all goes well I may consider running one up for Stu too. Nothing like matching Daddy/Daughter clothes. Not sure Stu would appreciate the fabric I've chosen for Cassie's version though!
I love it! I've a feeling this isn't going to be my neatest bit of work, but hey, it's for Cassie and she doesn't stay still long enough for anyone to notice that her collar is a little puckered.
I bought this pattern intending to make at least the dress and the little top but I jumped straight in with the hat. It seemed like a quick little project to satisfy my need for an FO. Unfortunately pinning the hat top to the side just about did me in and this went in time out for a couple of days. Intellectually I understand that it doesn't fit together at the edges until you take seam allowance into account, but I just couldn't get it right. In the end I stopped fussing and just went ahead and sewed it without pinning and whadd'ya know I nearly had it. It took me a little bit to get into the swing of it so I had a little excess at the end and unpicked, but next time I will totally nail it.
So a few irons in the fire, but nothing unmanageable so hopefully I'll have FOs to share really soon.