Pages

Saturday 19 January 2019

Moving Forward MKAL: Clue 5

Oooooooh spoilers!
Well we're getting there, Clue 5 is done so there are only 2 clues to go 😀  This clue was a fun one! It started with another row of purl, yarn over, purl into a knit 3 together which is tedious but looks really pretty but the rest of the clue was very enjoyable to knit.  It consisted of slipping sets of stitches and leaving the yarn floats in front and the catching up the floats a few rows later to make little triangles. 
I've used a similar technique before to add little butterfly motifs to a pair of socks so this was fairly simple.
Small tangent: At this point I disappeared off to Ravelry to see if I had a picture of said socks, I did (obviously!)  and WOW I knit these 10 years ago, seriously it's like I blink these days and a year goes by!  I still have these socks, they have a few holes in and are starting to look a bit tatty but now I realise that the reason for this is because they are older than my children.
So yeah.  This clue took a few days due to the rows getting longer, but it was fun and I like the way it looks.  The next clue introduces the 5th colour that I haven't used yet so I'm looking forward to getting going on that one.

No comments: