Pages

Sunday 6 January 2019

FO: Barnes

When I was picking out yarn for the Minimalismus hat (that was supposed to be for me me but actually ended up being Stu’s) I decided to get some yarn for a hat for Stu as well. I made him a hat a while back and while he does wear it a lot it isn’t really warm enough for really cold weather so I was happy to make him another.

I decided to keep it simple, the pattern I chose was Barnes, a very simple ribbed affair with no bells or whistles and I picked out some Cascade 128 in Deep Ocean. Stu likes bright blues and I thought this was vibrant enough without it being a bit too bright for him to want to wear.

Knitting this was incredibly quick and easy and I enjoyed knitting with the yarn. I found that I started to covet this hat shortly after casting on and wasn't entirely sure I wanted to give it away when I finished it, especially as I'd ended up giving away my Minimalismus hat! I decided that I would still offer it to Stu as I'd intended it to be for him though, even after I finished it and decided that I did completely love it. Luckily (for me at least) Stu declared it too slouchy for his tastes and the hat became mine. I'll admit that I failed to mention the fact that you can fold up the brim and convert it into a standard bobble hat but frankly it's his own fault for not working it out for himself! So long story short, I made me a hat that Stu has and I made Stu a hat that I have and now everyone has a hat they like and we all lived happily ever after.

In non knitting news, today is Felicity’s 5th birthday. Despite it feeling like she was just born 5 years have somehow passed and she has turned into a witty, adventurous and rambunctious little lady. She is honestly the most friendly person I have ever known and she never forgets a person once she’s met them and will never fail to greet them with a cheery hello when they pass by. She throws herself at life with such gusto and most days I realise I could learn a lot from this tiny human being. I can't wait to see what the next year brings.

No comments: