Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2019

FO: Little Trees

Please don't groan, this is another post about a two colour brioche hat.  You know the drill, I make a lovely hat, I enjoy making it, it doesn't fit right and I give it to someone it looks great on.  Not this time!  I'll go right ahead and say this hat is awesome, fits just the way I want it and I now need at least 3 more of these in my life.  Boom!
The pattern I used this time was Little Trees by Raina K, this pattern is not described as slouchy but I figure that this time I would pay attention to the length of the hat and knit a little extra height so that it could fall down a bit at the back and give me the extra head volume I need to not look weird.  I'm aware that I'm starting to sound a bit bonkers about hats and the size of my head but let's just put it down to one of those little foibles that everyone has and move along.
In the end this hat turned out to be plenty tall enough without adding any extra height and I really love the shape of it on me.  This was another enjoyable knit and I'm really happy with the colours I chose.  I used DROPS Lima once again, this time in Cerise and Ice Blue.  I popped a fur pompom on the top because I am done making my own pompoms but I do enjoy a bobble on my hats so I now have a stash of furry ones to choose from.  This pattern is slightly more complex than the others I've made with 3 different brioche decreases and also an increase but once you're down with the technique it all becomes pretty simple.
So finally we have it, my briochey happy ending made all the sweeter by the false starts I had along the way.

No comments: