Pages

Sunday 13 January 2019

Moving Forward MKAL Clue 3

As ever, spoilers ahead for anyone participating
Unlike the previous two clues, this clue arrived on a work day and I made the mistake of taking a quick peek it before I started working even though I knew I wouldn't be able to get started for hours.  Also it was Monday when Cassie has choir after school so I had to wait until I'd finished work, picked Felicity up at 3:15 and then gone back for Cassie at 4:15 by which time I really should be starting the dinner and so on.  This was a real bugger because this clue looked like fun to knit, and when I finally got going it really was!
The clue began and ended with a row of working a purl, yo, purl into 3 stitches which was a bit of a fiddle and took a while but I'm sure will look lovely and lacy once the finished shawl is blocked.  The centre section consists of vertical stripes made from slipped stitches.  This was worked by slipping every other stitch using  the first colour and then sliding all the stitches back to other end of the needles and then knitting the slipped stitches with the other colour before finally turning the work.  This was enjoyable to knit and looks lovely, I like how the stripes are subtle, as the yarns don't contrast too much, but still visible.  It's a nice effect.
So that's clue 3 done, only 4 clues left to go!

No comments: