With Cassie's bolero all done and dusted I quickly cast on to swatch for Knotted as per my plan. However, it wasn't long before I spotted a flaw in this plan. There was no way I was going to get gauge. The yarn feels a lot thinner in my hand than other DKs I've knit with and while the finished product may have ended up growing a bit I wasn't going to rely on that from such an early stage. So Plan B comes in the form of Ysolda's Cria. While I was flipping through Little Red looking for ideas for my next project I spotted Cria and saw that a lighter DK would be a suitable yarn and when I checked back, as luck would have it, the gauge suggested was the gauge I had been getting when I swatched for Knotted. I duly cast on and got to work.
This is what I have so far. It doesn't really look like anything because due to some knitting jiggery pokery, stitch picking up and short rows you kind of knit round and out from the shoulders, so what I have at the moment looks a bit bunched up and weird. I have to say that when I started knitting and following the instructions I did think to myself that they were a little crazy and wasn't entirely sure how it would all pan out, but I had faith and I seem to be getting something that resembles a cardigan. At the moment I'm planning on making the short sleeved version, mostly because I have some super secret future projects I'm eager to get to. But if this turns out to be a reasonably quick knit then I might be tempted to knit a longer sleeved version because I do love the look of the buttons on the cuffs.