This should be an FO post, Cassie's socks are done, but as only one of the pair can currently be found I'm going to hold off. This is what happens when you try a single sock on a toddler and then let her wear it for a while. I'm sure it will turn up soon.
Instead I thought I'd post about my Star Illusion blanket as I've realised that I haven't actually mentioned any details about it here other than that I'm making it. I think I've had a lot of apprehension about it, I was worried that it wasn't going to work out for various reasons but now I'm far enough into the project to be fairly sure that it will be just fine.
|Still not long enough for a decent photo!|
The yarn I'm using is Cygnet Wool Rich Aran in grey and purple. These aren't the colours I'd have chosen if I was starting from scratch, but they were in my stash in the right amounts and it seemed like a golden opportunity to use it up. I was a bit worried that these colours weren't contrasting enough to work, but I needn't have worried. My other worry was that, like a lot of people I'm working the pattern backwards to avoid purling entire rows. In the pattern the stitch pattern of knits and purls is worked on the right side with the wrong side being a rest row where you purl across. I'm knitting so that the pattern is worked on the wrong side meaning that I need to work backwards across the chart, knitting the purls and purling the knits. I have written out instructions, transposing them as I go, but there was a real possibility that I'd buggered it up somewhere so I wasn't feeling too confident. Luckily I've now got to a point where I can see the pattern beginning to emerge and lo and behold, stars! Such a relief.
I can see that there is still a lot of work to go, but I'm enjoying knitting this so far and, even though it is a simple knit, watching the pattern emerge is super cool and exciting so I don't think I'll get bored any time soon.