Pages

Tuesday 4 February 2014

FO: Cabled Teddy Hat

So it turned out that this hat was not cursed and after I'd fixed the mess I'd made on the third cable round I managed to knit the rest of the hat with no difficulty at all. The ears were a little fiddly, although not difficult and they only took about 10 minutes each. I decided to make the 0-6 month size, instead of newborn, so it's no surprise that it's a little large for Felicity but she's growing like a weed so I'm sure it won't be long til it fits her perfectly. I will make a matching one for Cassie, but not just yet, I need to get over making this one first!

Next up is a cardigan for Cassie, the Lotta Bolero from Millamia's Bright Young Things. I'm using Drops Love You VI which is a soft and slightly fuzzy mixture of wool, alpaca and linen. I'm really liking it so far and I'm tempted to get some for a cardigan for me because it is incredibly good value.

This cardigan is knitted in pieces and seamed at the end, so expect much bitching and moaning from me as I get close to finishing this project. The cardigan is oh so cute though so I don't really mind that it's not all one piece.

 

1 comment:

Leah said...

Aw, the hat is fabulous!