Saturday, 21 September 2013

FO: Robot Mittens

The robot mittens are done. Small as they are they represent a pretty massive achievement for me as well as leaving me with a big space on my 'things to try' list! Obviously I don't think that I have cracked colour work overnight, I still need a lot of practice, but I've finally made the first move and I'm pretty proud of the results. The second mitten was a lot smoother sailing than the first. I'm beginning to find my rhythm and refine my technique. Despite this the second mitten is actually inferior to the first, but that is due to a few mistakes I made in the knitting and not down to the execution of the colourwork. The mittens themselves have come out fairly large, not quite big enough for Cassie though so I think they'll be ok.

I haven't quite decided on my next project so I'm working on my blanket in the meantime. I've done about 30 rows but I'm holding off on taking any pictures until it's long enough to uncurl a bit and actually look like something.

Again the pattern for the mittens is Mini Motif Baby Mittens by Nett Hulse. I used around 30g of Cygnet Wool Rich Aran for the background and about 10g of Debbie Bliss Merino DK for the motif.



Leah said...

Oh my goodness, those are adorable! Well done.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

These are so cute, and a great way to have a go at colourwork