After wearing my newly sewn maternity top a couple of times and receiving a few compliments I've been spurred on to do a bit more sewing for myself. This time I am going to attempt my first pair of adult trousers. Nothing too complicated, just an elasticated waist so I don't have to worry about adding a fly. I've made about 5 pairs of baby trousers with elasticated waists so I'm hoping that making these for me shouldn't be too much more difficult. That's if I ever get as far as actually sewing them.
The pattern I am using is from Burda Magazine, 4/2011. If you are unfamiliar with this publication, it is really great because you get loads of patterns for a few pounds, the catch being that you have to trace the pattern pieces and add a seam allowance yourself. I have absolutely no problem with this. I trace all patterns I make anyway so that the multiple sizes are intact for future garments and adding the allowance takes but a couple of minutes per piece. What I do have a problem with is this...
Seriously, it actually took me two days to even locate all of the pattern pieces in this mess even using the handy guide numbers at the top and bottom. It's a bit like my eyes just can't see the individual lines there and just blurs them all together. It would be great if they could include a pair of magic glasses which allowed you to see just one colour at a time. So at the moment I'm just getting ready to trace the final piece and then I will actually be ready to start cutting out some fabric.
This is a sort of soft herringbone suiting fabric which I have had in the stash for a dogs age, I can't really remember anything about it but I think it will be turn into nice comfortable trousers for me to sit and knit wee tiny things for the new baby.