Friday, 23 August 2013


After a bit of a craftual hiatus I'm finally beginning to feel like I'm getting somewhere, with things getting finished and progress being seen.
My trousers are done, they look like trousers and despite my best efforts they actually have inseam pockets which were a total first for me. Unfortunately they are HUGE. In some ways this is a good thing when I consider that I took my measurements and was very shocked about the size I'd need to make so the fact they have come out so big makes me feel so much better. Also they are actually wearable, just not in the way I had intended. Because they are elasticated waist I thought I would wear them under my bump but they are sooo big that I can pull the waistband right up over the bump and I think I will be able to do this for quite a while. I'll admit that they are not terribly flattering, but I figure they will be just fine for wearing around the house. I'll have to add pictures another day though, I cant seem to find a moment to actually get a picture of myself. Oh and one day when I get over the trauma of it all I'll tell you all about those pockets.....
Pattern: Sock-A-Roo's Baby Socks, Yarn: Regia Color 4-ply
The baby socks are also done, once again despite my better efforts! As I neared the end of the second sock it became very clear that I wasn't going to quite have enough yarn to finish. At first I didn't panic, the yarn was leftover from my Monkey socks and I'd knit each sock from a separate 50g ball so therefore there must be another small ball of leftovers somewhere. Apparently not somewhere that I could find it though. At that point I had a good look at the socks and it dawned on me that the feet looked rather long. Indeed it turned out that I'd made a bit of a measuring error and could lose around an inch from each sock and actually have enough yarn to finish.
Keeping the momentum going, I cast on my next project right away, Buzzbee from Woolly Wormhead's Wee Woolly Toppers. Surprisingly this pattern has also provided me with another first, I suddenly realised that I had never made I-cord before. The I-cord and the earflaps took me absolutely no time at all so now I'm on the main body of the hat and I'm hoping to breeze through the rest of it pretty quickly and have another FO for you next time.


Renee Anne said...

Woo-hoo! Go you!

I haven't worked on anything in almost a week. We were doing the vacation thing and then Husband got sick (strep throat), then he shared it with knitting has been on the back burner for awhile. I hope to remedy that soon :)

Hanrahan said...

Oh no! I hope you are all on the mend. You know it's bad when you stop knitting!