Pages

Monday 4 April 2011

So what have we learned?

Having enjoyed Blog Week as much as I did, I thought I’d stretch it out bit a wee bit longer by doing a bit of a debrief now that its over.  So what have I learnt from Blog Week?
  1.  That I like people reading my blog.  Until now I mostly assumed that I was really talking to myself, my sister and the odd friend dropping by.  Knowing that actual people will be reading made me think a bit more about what I was writing ( I think certainly rambled a bit less.)
  2. That having topics to write about was really good.  I enjoy my blog, but when I’m busy and don’t have much time for knitting etc I feel like I don’t have much to blog about.  Times like these would be perfect to have a topic unconnected to my current projects.
  3. Being given topics was really helpful and one I really liked was the one about where old knits are now.  I think I’m going to run with that one and try and pick an old project every month to follow up on.  It’s all well and good showing off shiny new knits but if it fell apart two months later or turns out to be completely unwearable I think that is worth mentioning.
  4. Reading other peoples blogs has been great, there are a few I’ve read regularly before but I have discovered loads more.  Lunch breaks will never be long enough for all the blogs I want to read now!
  5. That it’s a miracle that any colourwork is ever knitted.  So many people wrote about it being the skill that they aspire to that anyone who is actually doing it now looks even more fancy.
  6. That cats wearing clothes is a total winner!
  7. All in all I’ve just reaffirmed my knowledge that knitters and crocheters are an interesting bunch.  Loads of us all talking about the same things for a week has been fascinating.  Thanks all!

3 comments:

pinkundine said...

I know what you mean, I've really liked having people read my blog and leave comments - before blog week it tended to be mum and boyfriend, with the odd other person from ravelry! It's certainly been a lot of fun (and yes, cats wearing clothes... definitely a winner!)

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! I love that this week helped me find more knitting blogs and yours is one of them! And cats doing funny things are always a winner in my book! hee hee

Anonymous said...

Cats in clothes is definitely a winner XD And I loved reading tons of new blogs too, before I was just reading the YarnHarlot and SpillyJane knits