Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2011

Spinning Wednesday

Just a quick post today as I have done next to no spinning this week.  So without further ado.....
I'm well along on my third spindle full of the sparkly BFL.  After making a plying ball out of the first and second spindle full I've decided to just keep adding to that ball until all the fibre is gone and ply it all in one go.  I did test ply a little bit of it and was really pleased with the results.
It's nice and soft and ever so slightly sparkly (believe it or not!)I'm really looking forward to having it all done.
I've also started spinning the merino/bamboo/soybean I got a couple of weeks back.  I've not done much but it is spinning nicely, it makes a strange sort of sound when I draft it a bit like paper tearing but very quiet.  It's interesting, but not off putting.  I've split the top into four and I'll be making 4-ply with it.

Well that's it folks, next week I should have a new spindle and therefore a new project on the go.

No comments: