Pages

Tuesday 4 December 2018

FO: Mustardseed

Continuing on with my little Boo Challenge catch up, my next finished shawl was Mustardseed.  This was a project I started in April and ended up picking up and putting down in between other projects.  I finally finished it in October after vowing to finish it before starting anything else.
If I'm honest I don't think that the yarn was really doing it for me, I had been hoping it would be more of a gentle fading between colours but ended up a little more stripy than I'd wanted.  I used Knit Picks Chroma Fingering in Avalon, which I'd bought on a whim and thought might work for this pattern.  It works ok but it's not entirely what I was after.
With the yarn having a few colours in it I chose simple transparent rainbow beads which I think was the right choice.  They add sparkle without adding more colour to the mix.
This is a lovely pattern, nice and simple but with a little lace at the end.  I would definitely like to make another with plainer yarn to really show off the pattern.

The more eagle eyed among you will notice that the edge on this shawl is a little different than the rest because I actually ran out of yarn.  Super forward planning there Hannah!  I had no intention of buying more yarn or ripping back so I just searched the stash until I found something in the right colour family and went for it.  The yarn I ended up with is DROPS Alpaca, so a bit different texture wise to the  Chroma which is a loosely spun single.  It looks ok though and while this will never be my favourite knit shawl it is perfectly fine and I glad I gave this pattern a look because I will knit it again before too long.

No comments: