Pages

Thursday 29 November 2018

FO: Boo Knits Halloween MKAL - Gothic Angel

It's been a while since I last shared a completed Boo knits project so it might seem like I'm very behind with this year's Boo Challenge, but I have been quietly knitting away and I now have 5 completed unblogged Boo projects.  Life has been fairly hectic recently, I've changed and increased my hours at work, we've all had typical winter sicknesses and I seem to be constantly at kid's birthday parties! I'm going to try and get through the backlog over the next couple of weeks though because I have made some beautiful things and I can't wait to show them off.

This year's Boo Halloween Mystery knitalong was called Gothic Angel and one of the suggested yarns was Dye For Yarn's Tussah Silk Lace.  Despite already having some in my stash I went to have a little look because I loooove their colours and ended up choosing a skein of the Dark Storm colourway.  This is a very inky blue/black, slightly variegated but not obviously so which gives it a lovely colour shift effect.
I paired it with Toho Metallic Nebula beads which turned out to be perfect.  I always find it hard to choose between contrasting beads which stand out from the yarn and complementary ones for a more subtle effect.  I like how these match perfectly but provide little twinkles of colour when they catch the light.
This was a fairly intense knit, with patterning on both the knit and the purl sides plus different charts for the centre section.  It was enjoyable though and I certainly felt like I'd achieved something  once I'd cast off.  The shawl is absolutely beautiful and well worth all of the work, I feel like my very special yarn was put to good use.  I still have a fair bit left, I haven't weighed it yet but I should at least be able to use the rest in a two colour shawl, perhaps with the leftovers from last year's halloween MKAL.

All in all I don't have too much to say about another lacy beaded shawl except that it is beautiful and I love it!  I'm particularly enamoured with the way the longer points in the centre sit when worn with the points at the front, it's very pleasing.

No comments: