Pages

Friday 23 November 2018

Pippi Pinafore: Autumn Winter edition

Since making my first Pippi pinafore (pattern by Jennifer Lauren Handmade) I'd been pretty obsessed with the idea of making a heavier one in corduroy or denim.  Upon having a rummage through my stash for some reason or another I spotted this black corduroy that I'd earmarked for trousers but decided would be perfect for Pippi.
...aaand now I see my strap is twisted
I don't have a lot to add about the construction of this, I lined all of the pieces with black poplin after I'd been very careful to check that both fabrics had the same amount of stretch.  I'd had terrible trouble with the waistband facing on my first version as the main fabric was far more stretchy than my lining but I had no issues this time around.

For this version I decided to go with dungaree clips to fasten the straps, last time I did button holes at the top of the bib to thread the straps through but it was a bit of a faff getting them the right size so I went with clips instead.  I didn't have any buttons the exact same colour as the clips I'd bought but it's not at all noticeable and I think they look super smart.  My only issue is that the clips rattle against the buttons as I walk so I have to remember my earphones on days I'm walking a long way because it gets annoying after a while!
Pocketsssssssss!
I've found that I wear this dress so much, usually at least once a week.  I have a few different tops to wear underneath, including a black and white Tilly and the Buttons Frankie T-shirt which I probably should have worn when I was taking these photos but I was in a mustard kind of mood so I didn't.  I'm definitely going to be making more of these and I have another couple of dungaree/pinafore patterns I want to make soon too because it turns out this is a style I really love.  It's great when you find something that's just...you.  Happy days!


No comments: