Pages

Sunday 30 December 2018

Boo 2018: Diamond Fizz

Just one shawl to share with you today, one more tomorrow and then we are all caught up with my Boo Knits 2018 challenge - woop woop!  Once that is out of the way then I can take a look at the year ahead and, believe me. I am deep in planning mode right now.
So for today I'm going to show off my Diamond Fizz which is one of the patterns from the Boos for Beginners collection.  Obviously I am not a beginner but this is a really nice little collection with each pattern being a little more involved than the last and giving the more seasoned lace knitter the choice to kick back and knit something a little simpler.  I've now knit two patterns from this collection, this one and a Mojito which I'll share tomorrow plus I have yarn and beads all ready for a Spritzer and I would love to knit a Southside in the very near future.  Safe to say I like this collection!
The yarn is Dye For Yarn Tussah Silk Lace in Rain in a Graveyard, a lovely muted green that I like a lot.  This yarn is a bit of a splurge but I've used it a few times now and it is a real treat, lovely to knit and really nice to wear.
The beads I chose to go with this yarn were size 6 Toho seed beads in Frosted Teal.  I thought at first that they might be a bit dark but they're fine.  They stand out a little without overwhelming the yarn so I'm happy with my choice.
The pattern itself was simple to knit, you have the option to go for all over lace or a stockinette body which is what I went for.  I like the simple recurring lace followed by the much more intricate border, it's a beautiful effect.  I think this pattern was a great choice for my special yarn and I'm really pleased with how this turned out.  I also have a little yarn left which I hope to combine with some other leftovers in the future because it really is shame not to use up the whole skein of these beautiful yarns.
So pretty!

No comments: