Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

FO: Hetty

Well I can hardly believe it, but pretty much as soon as Hetty went on the needles it flew off again. With only 6 days between casting on and binding off this was a pretty quick knit. Much of that is due to the amount of down time I had between Christmas and starting work again after new year, but it was still pretty surprising how fast it grew.

Because this was such a fast and enjoyable knit I was beginning to wonder if there was a catch, maybe it wouldn't fit or would look awful but I really like it. This cardi is a total win! Literally the only issue I have is that I should have used a stretchy bind off for the waist because it is under a bit of strain, but hopefully that will be a bit of a non issue once I've walked off all of the Christmas pudding and mince pies that may have fallen into my mouth over the last few weeks.

The yarn I used was DROPS Air in peacock blue and I am completely in love with it. Before it arrived I was a bit concerned that it would be really fuzzy and my cardi would end up looking kind of twee but now it's all knitted up I really like it. It's very soft and cozy and while it has a little halo, it's not super fuzzy or tickly. The yarn is constructed by the fibres being air blown into a polyamide tube and that has given my cardigan an extra bit of interest as the polyamide shows through at certain points and creates a slightly variegated effect. In case I was in danger of not sounding like a salesman, it's also a really light yarn so the yardage is quite generous. I used less than 200g for my cardigan and because I bought it in the alpaca party sale my entire cardi came in at less than £12. Bargain!

Pattern: Hetty by Andi Satterlund


Next on the agenda is finishing my Driftwood which for some reason was left with a sleeve and a half and the button band left to be completed. It's pretty cold here at the moment so it's definitely time I finished it.

 

No comments: