Pages

Monday 3 November 2008

12 weeks and counting

This is the second and final of my catch up posts, to be fair I probably could have got away with this one but I did write it last week!

This week has been a momentous week.
Chris, bless him, is a grumpy boy and mostly I accept this and get on with things but since he stated that he 'doesn't so holidays' I have found myself increasingly annoyed and more and more in need of said holiday. After more than two years together without a holiday I was really thinking that it wasn't going to happen. However, he happened to mention the other day that he had been having a discussion with a friend about Center Parcs and that it didn't sound too bad. Needless to say, I was online within seconds booking us a midweek break in January before he could change his mind! I am now getting far too excited about it, but man I need a holiday. There are a lot of activities that we can book onto before we can go, but really I am just looking forward to getting away and chilling out in the woods in a cabin with a nice fire and a big telly. Perfect for a quiet night and some knitting. As well as sending some time in the pool and the gym, I'm going to book us in for an evening in the spa, where can steam, sauna and footbath ourselves to our hearts content and hopefully by the time we are done Chris will have completely changed his attitude towards holidays. Or we'll want to kill each other, one or the other.


On the knitting front, not too much to report. The second Charade is going a bit slower than the first, but I have been fairly busy recently. I've pretty much finished the leg so hopefully it shouldn't take much longer. Once these are done I will cast on for the Slouchy Cover Up from Rowan Studio, work on that for a few days just so that I can feel that I am doing something for myself and then cast on for the pink and orange socks and work on the two simultaneously. That should mean my Christmas knitting is done in plenty of time and I'll have a jumper for myself before long too.. Right best get on then!

No comments: