Pages

Friday 26 September 2014

Family Tree MKAL: Clue 3

I'm so far behind on this MKAL that there is really nothing mysterious about it any more, so knowing what was coming ahead I had a bit of a decision to make. Clue 4 gives the option to either repeat clue 3 on the opposite side or to incorporate a second stitch pattern to make an asymmetrical shawl. Now I knew that there was no way in the world I could do that, I have a strong need for things to be matchy matchy. My brother wears odd socks, on purpose, every single day and it makes me so twitchy I don't know how my SIL puts up with him! However, I had a notion that I might use the stitch pattern from clue 4 and alternate it with the clue 3 pattern just to add a bit of interest.

In the end I decided not to bother, I prefer the stitch pattern from clue 3 and, as both patterns involve knitting 3 together through the back loop a whole heap, the second stitch pattern was no less fiddly to execute. I'm perfectly happy with it but my next post won't be terribly interesting I'm afraid.

 

No comments: