This week's spinning round up is a day later than usual due to a bit of a technical hitch with the finishing of my latest handspun. I could have just posted yesterday anyway, but it was so close to being finished and I really wanted to have an FO to share so please forgive my tardiness.
I finished spinning up the last of my purple batts on Tuesday night but left it til last night to wind off into a skein. I didn't start until quite late because I spent the evening at the church where I'm getting married planning the decorations, but once I got going it didn't take me long - even with the usual feline 'supervision'
|Before the dunking|
Next step was to give the yarn a bath, I plopped it in some hot water, wandered off for a few minutes and came back to find that the water had turned to ribena! Slight colour seepage was not the word. A bit of dithering later and I sprayed the skein with citric acid and water and stuck it in the microwave for a couple of minutes to try and set the dye. It seems more colourfast now but I'm a bit disappointed with the blue spots that have developed where the purple has seeped in to the white. I'm sure it will be fine though. The yarn is all smooshy and bobbly and goes nicely with the pink I finished last week and that's all I was hoping for. I guess now I finally get to knit something with my very own handspun - how exciting!
|After dunking, the blue bits aren't too obvious here.|