Pages

Monday 7 February 2011

Getting better

After a week of worry and puzzlement we finally got a reason for Izzy's illness.  I took her to the vet on Thursday and had to leave her there in the hope that someone could work out why she wasn't eating.  Around 8:30 that night one of the vets phoned up and said that they thought they could feel a small soft mass in her tummy.  We immediately put 2 and 2 together and asked them if it could be an earplug.  After opening her up it was found to indeed be an earplug which she had eaten and was stuffing up her insides.  Given that I had found a nice sicky pile of four earplugs and an elastic band a couple of days before she went to get spayed I should have realised sooner, but because she got ill after having an operation we all got fooled into thinking it was the anaesthetic that did it.  So she is recovering at home, trying hard to grow back all her shaved fur with no idea of how much vet bills are!

Because we have been having to watch her pretty much 24/7 and also because I seem to have some kind of mystery wrist pain I haven't really done much of anything the last few days.  I tried to knit some of Stu's cardigan, but that really hurt so I have been spinning in short bursts just to feel like I'm doing something.  Hopefully in a few days I should have a second length of green yarn to ply with the bottle green I finished a while ago, I haven't bothered to take a picture of this because it is quite boring, even if I do say so myself.  My black white and grey stripy stuff is growing slowly, I'm really enjoying the striping so I think I'll probably do a lot more yarns like this in the future.  Here's a little piccy, you can't see the white bits but you can see the other stripes.  Now I just need to think what to do with it when it's done.

No comments: