Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Hiiiiiiii!

Well, hello from my little home office!
Goodness aren't we living in interesting times?  I'm currently on my second full week of working from home.  It's all been a bit of a shock, obviously I was expecting it at some point but I left work one day, fully expecting to be going in the next day only to be told a couple of hours later that I would be WFH for the forseeable.  I'd already been issued a laptop, just in case, so I was good to go but it felt weird having not saying a bit of a mental "goodbye" to the place when I left.
I'm missing this spectacular building
Luckily I'd made an effort to spruce up out dining room/craft room/dumping ground a few weeks previously so I actually have somewhere nice to work.  I'd thrown out a load of stuff, moved everything around and changed all of the furniture to optimise the space available and got it so I was really happy with it.  Things have needed to be shuffled about a bit so I could get to work, but it's a nice environment to be in and honestly things could be worse.
My dining table is doing duty as my desk and cutting table.  I like that I have to clear away my laptop at the end of the day to use the table, it feels like 'going home' and just leaving work for the day.  I've had to squeeze the printer in between my cute little cases of craft supplies.  I need to find a better home for that though because it's really not the look I was going for!  The printer is going nineteen to the dozen at the moment though, printing homework and colouring sheets so it will have to stay there for the time being.
My sewing machine desk is also being used as a desk for homework.  This was not in the plan but the kids like the wheelie stool and I'm done arguing about it!

So here we are and for how long who can tell?  I've been getting plenty of time for making things, not having to do the school run and travel to and from work is saving me around 3 hours a day!  I blocked a shawl yesterday and will be weaving in ends and photographing that later.  I've got another shawl to be blocked (when I remember where I put it!) and another to finish the final row and block so I have plenty to share.  I hope everyone is healthy and safe and I'll be back soon with some actual knitting content.

No comments: