Pages

Friday 17 April 2020

FO: Echo Wood

Well crikey, I just looked it up and I started this shawl nearly a year ago!  I don't even recall it taking me all that long to complete it's just taken me all that time to get round to blocking it.  How embarrassing!
I wanted to knit Echo Wood mostly to use up a skein of yarn I'd originally bought for the Dreamscape shawl MKAL back in 2018.  That called for 3 different shades of sock yarn and I had ended up ordering 4 because I couldn't pick online and needed to see the yarns in person.  I ended up with this skein of Knit Picks Hawthorne Speckle Handpaint in City Lights leftover and I loved it and really wanted to use it.
I paired it with some random black 4ply I bought on a cone about 15 years ago, I thought that the black would be perfect matched with the black speckle in the Knit Picks yarn and frankly I am hoping to use up the last of the black yarn, it is never ending!
The knitting of this was pretty straightforward as far as I remember and blocking was ridiculously easy, making me feel even more ridiculous about leaving it so long.  It really just needed wetting and smoothing into shape so I don't know what I'd been waiting for.  After blocking I then left weaving the ends in for over a week rather than just getting on and completing it.  I have been fairly busy with home working, home educating and sewing scrubs for the local hospital though so I won't beat myself up about that too much.
So it's finally done and I'm glad to have it in my collcetion, it's lovely and squish and warm and it looks really cool.  I love the acid yellow against the black and the cable detail around the edge.  Mostly I'm just happy to say it's finally done, mark it complete and move on to the next project without the nagging guilt of a project abandoned!

No comments: