Pages

Friday 22 August 2014

FO: Baby Bubble

It feels like it's a while since I actually finished anything so this quick little top for Felicity was the perfect thing to kick start my knitting again. The weather had certainly been a lot more mild over the last few days and I've been able to knit whenever my hands have been free.

After all that casting on this project went pretty smoothly right up until I started to realise that I might not have quite enough yarn. It wasn't a total disaster, I could tell that it would be close, but in the end I decided to err on the side of caution and cut the body a little short and have a look in the stash for something I could use if need be.

It turned out that I did need just a few metres more so I ended up knitting the last few rows of the ribbing at the waist and arms using Rowan Calmer in a slightly lighter shade of purple. It is slightly heavier than the main yarn and really stretchy so it actually worked pretty well for ribbing. It's also not totally obvious unless you know it's there but it's a pretty cute feature too.

Pattern: Baby Bubble by Yarn Madness

Yarn:100g Drops Muskat plus a few metres of Rowan Calmer

 

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

That's adorable. Also, and perhaps this is just the photos, I can't tell you used a different yarn (either by color or weight).