Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Morpheus Verdict

I had to agree, after a little thought, that buying more yarn for Cassie's Morpheus was probably the most sensible course of action.  So, buy more yarn is exactly what I did.  Unfortunately none of it was for Morpheus!  Where I live buying yarn is not generally a case of going to a shop and buying it, there really is just nowhere with a good selection around here.  Instead I headed to the one website where I knew I could buy the yarn I needed and added it to my basket, but there was just nothing else I really wanted so I didn't check out.  Then I thought I'd just have a look at some other sites and ended up ordering 13 balls of various Drops yarns, none of which help me at all with the Morpheus problem.  Realistically I think I'm going to end up ripping back and actually I don't feel that sad about it.  The Cygnet yarn was really not a good fit and there was a constant niggling doubt that it might not fit when I'd finished.  It's a nice pattern though so maybe I'll give it another go before too long.

Anyway, every cloud has a silver lining and I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival of a postman weighed down with all of my lovely new yarn.

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

::sigh:: I don't have a clue what it's like to not have a good yarn shop nearby. When we lived back in Wisconsin (in the US, of course), I had to drive to get to nearly all of them but they all had something worth driving there for. Now that we live in California, my stash does not need enhancement but it gets enhanced every so often. There are several yarn shops within an acceptable driving/travel distance.

The only thing is that I can't get Wollmeise without buying from someone online (usually via Ravelry). Oh well.