Pages

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Dashing

With Morpheus sadly out of the way I found myself free to begin another project and, as luck would have it a lovely woolly package arrived today from Wool Warehouse.
It's all Drops yarn for me to try, I think the grand total for all 13 balls was around £26 so I really havent lost anything if I hate some of it.  I was pretty good I have projects in mind for almost all of it.  I'm particularly excited about using the bright blue and pink Nepal to make a really eyecatching sweater for Cassie, but it's the grey Nepal that I have cast on with first to make some gloves for my brother.
A little while back he complained that he was getting cold hands whilst working in his office and let's face it what knitter can resist that kind of provocation?  I had planned to make him some for his birthday in mid March but I really didn't have time so I popped a little IOU in with his card.  My brother is kind of awesome and really didn't mind that at all so I'm now going to make an extra effort to get them done for him as soon as I can.  Add that to the fact that it is beginning to look like the eternal winter we seem to have had this year may finally be coming to end so I'd best get him his gloves before he no longer needs them.  As today's title suggests I am using the Dashing pattern from Knitty.  I knit the original Fetchings a few years back and found them to be a nice and easy knit so I don't anticipate any problem with these ones.  I know I could certainly do with a win after my recent knitting disappointment.

1 comment:

Renee Anne said...

I'm kind of liking the Fabel in the front. I don't know why but it looks like something I'd like :)