Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Just yuck

'My nose is just overflowing with awesome and I had to get some of it out'.

I'm not really one for quoting TV shows, but this little gem from How I Met Your Mother succinctly describes my state of health today, but in a much more pithy manner! Yeps, I've got the lurg again. Unfortunately this has not resulted in a couple of miserable but knitting filled days at home because I have far too much important work to do. Check me out, being a valuable employee! I was going to get on with a bit of knitting tonight but I got Rabbids Go Home for my Wii today, so I thought I'd stick it on and have a little look. That was about 3 hours ago, total time suck! But seriously, what's not to love about a game that has mental rabbits shouting BWAAAAH at people til their clothes fly off and collecting enough bits of bric-a-brac to pile up so they can climb to the moon? Nothing, that's what.

Anyway, just for appearances sake I will mention that I have been thinking about knitting. More specifically I have yet another couple of projects in mind. Firstly I can't get the Skew socks from the Knitty surprises out of my head. I'm thinking about using some Regia Colour I bought ages ago that looks like this (Rav link). These socks are just so clever looking, I love that they are constructed in a very different way to normal but still look cool. I sometime find that people try to do things differently and just end up with something that is way more fuss to constuct and are also fugly. I really hope that is not the case with these. I also ordered some Bamboo Tape yesterday for a little Cap Sleeve Top from Rowan Studio 11. I've been thinking about this for ages, but I have heard so many things about this yarn growing so I haven't risked it. However, I have decided that this will only be small and hopefully therefore not too heavy, plus the yarn was 69p per ball in the Kemps sale so I figure at under a fiver for the whole thing, if it grows I'll just give it to someone bigger. Obviously as tactfully as possible.

Right I'm having a total mare typing this and trying to propel my rabbids over a chasm, using only the power of a sick man's farts. Toodles!

No comments: