Pages

Wednesday 1 October 2008

It's Socktober!

Well October has arrived and with it Socktoberfest. Unfortunately I am still working on Brights 1 so I have a choice of whether to go all out til it's done and then get on with some socks. Whether to abandon it all together until november or whether to work simultaneously on it and sock thereby impeding progress on both of them. Things are just never easy!

With regard to this I was going to write about how it looked like the weather was turning and how I could see the long winter nights stretching ahead of my begging to be filled with knitting. However I am sitting next to a window through which glorious sunshine is pouring, which kind of puts paid to that, at least for the time being. Yesterday was pretty grim all grey and brooding and rainy. I was a little unimpressed by that as I hadn't been out on my scooter in the rain before, but I put on my waterproof jacket and trousers and made it to work with no dramas. When I woke up this morning it looked pretty awful too. In fact it was pouring with rain as I was leaving the house, so I pulled on all my waterproofs again but by the time I got my bike out of the garage it had stopped and by the time I had been riding for five minutes it was shaping up to be a glorious day. Needless to say I felt a little conspicuous arriving at work in full waterproof gear! I'm actually quite looking forward to the winter, I like it when the nights draw in and you can feel all cosy indoors. I love getting out all the woolly jumpers and hats and scarves and surrounding myself in snuggly stuff, I guess I was born to be a knitter.

No comments: