I've been having a small run of failed garments of late, one pair of trousers that ripped after several hours of wear and a pair of culottes which I shall probably never admit to having made, so I was really hoping for a win with my next garment.
I chose McCall's 7115 partly because I've been wanting to make it for ages and partly because it has an intentionally relaxed fit and I figured I couldn't go too far wrong.
While I really like the idea of View A with the shorts I thought I'd make things easy for myself and use the bodice from that view but use the skirt from Views C&D. I'll definitely make it as a romper soon though.
The fabric I close has been sitting in my stash waiting for the right project for ages. I love the little flamingos and I didn't want to use them for a garment that I wasn't that into. I've got my eye on a few more flamingo fabrics right now though so it's not like it's a scarce kind of print to get old of!
Construction of this dress was really straightforward, I would completely recommend it for less confident sewers so it sewed up so fast. I cut the pieces in my spare moments on Wednesday and sewed it up completely on Thursday. Of course being the first project on my sewing machine helped speed things up because I was so excited to have a proper go on it. I'm pleased to report that it all went smoothly and I was particularly tickled to see it actually completing buttonholes without any kind of drama at all.
Overall I'm really pleased with this. Next time I make one I may make the next size down, the fit is meant to be relaxed and this one is really comfortable but I would like to make one that is a bit more fitted. Particularly as I am in danger of flashing my underthings if I lift my arms! That aside this is a definite win which is exactly what I needed after a couple of disappointments.