Pages

Monday 4 April 2016

A trio of Briars

Despite finishing all 3 of these tops a few weeks ago it's taken me until today to get photos of all them. Frankly the only one of us who was up for a prolonged photoshoot was Cassie so all of the rest of the photos are of her.

There's not a lot more to say about Briar and me. I wear the first one I made all the time and this version is becoming a wardrobe staple too. The only thing I've realised this time is that I need to reduce the sleeve length a little in future. I didn't really notice this with the first one because the fabric was really lightweight and bunched up a bit. The fabric for this one is much thicker so the sleeves do hang down a bit too far for me. It's quite Spring like round here now though so I'll most likely be making the short sleeved version over the next few months anyway.

Moving swiftly on to the girls T-shirts, both of which I made using Megan Nielsen's Mini Briar pattern. The first thing I will say is that both of these are really roomy. The pattern sizes each cover 2 years so I used 2&3 and 4&5. Both of my girls fall at the bottom end of the age ranges so there is a lot of room for them to grow. Aside from having to roll the sleeves up 3 times they are perfectly wearable and the girls love their cat shirts.

I'm looking forward to making us all some more Briars, the Mini version comes with loads of templates for cute appliqués (kitty cat elbow patches? Yes please!) which I'm excited to try out. For the moment though I'm getting stuck into jeans making again and hope to have a new pair to share in a few days. See you then!

 

No comments: