Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Apologies

I have been a downright sucky blogger of late, I’ve really got out of the swing of things and it really is time to kick myself into touch.  I even have 2 FOs, an event which would normally have me firing up blogger with gusto, but I just haven’t got round to it.  I’ve also started new projects, purchased new things and made plans to get back behind the sewing machine (once I’ve moved the pile of socks that’s in the way) so I have plenty of stuff to write about.  Rather than doing a massive info dump and running out of steam again I think I’ll cover one thing at a time and ease myself back in.

So, first things first.....the wedding shrug, whatever happened to that?  Well, anyone who has clicked the link to my wedding website (that’s the button in the sidebar, helpfully declaring that I have been married for 31 days) will notice that it is absent from the photographs.  This is not because I didn’t finish it, I did.  I finished knitting it on the afternoon before the wedding and duly sewed it all up right away.  I tried it on, it seemed to fit and then looked in the mirror and horror of horrors I just didn’t like it very much!  This is one of those things which worries me most in knitting and luckily doesn’t happen too often.  We spend many hours making these things and then at the end they are just.. meh, it’s disappointing.  However, because I was far too busy worrying about other things this disappointment didn’t last very long at all.  Plus the day of my wedding was absolutely boiling, had I really liked the shrug I would have spent the whole day trying to find an excuse to wear it in weather when I really would have had no business wearing a shrug at all.  I guess everything happens for a reason.

1 comment:

pinkundine said...

Good idea to go with a trickle of information rather than a giant update - keeps things interesting ;)

sorry your shrug was disappointing, but at least you have the silver lining of it being too hot anyway!